Wednesday 21 September 2011

Back Stabbed

Someone i love dearly has recently backstabbed me. That is technology. More specifically, my android phone that i love so much, my beautiful Google Nexus S, has recently had trouble charging. I've tried several leads and they all don't seem to work too good. However, the normal wall charger seems to work fine, although that's no use when i'm at work. So i took it back to where i got it, the Carphone Warehouse. The hot foreign blonde girl took it into the back for a few minutes, came back and said they need to send it off to the manufacturer. Which would take about 4 weeks. Yep, 4 WEEKS. What the fuck takes them 4 weeks?!

Anyways, i've had to resort to using my other android phone, my HTC Hero, which i use a bit anyway, and my even older phone, the Nokia N95. Not touch screen. Retro. I've also been having trouble with the Hero. The screen isn't very good anymore. And when it's a touch screen phone, that ins't good. especially when you try to use the touch screen keyboard. The main problem seems to be the L on the keyboard, i can't directly touch it. I have to touch the K and slide over to the L. Also, occasionally it randomly types letters or clicks things or zooms in/out of web pages. However, i have found a solution to the typing problem. A bluetooth keyboard. It never used to work but does now for some reason. Maybe they integrated into android 2.3.5 or they just put it into the custom rom i use. Good old Cyanogenmod.

Naturally my increased usage in my Nokia means i have to take a charger to work. It doesn't charge over USB, luckily i have an old charger that plugs into the USB into a computer and the other end into the normal charging hole. That works fine.

One more thing that has failed me recently, in fact it;s failed a LOT of people, is Dead Island on PS3. I play it, it saves at checkpoints, i stop playing and play the next day or whatever, then when i go back, i'm back many missions earlier. and i played it for several hours one day, going through several missions, hoping there were like more major checkpoints it saves at, but no, i'm still back loads of missions. So i'm not playing it again until there's an update.

And you all know about the PS3 backup that failed to restore properly (or back up properly), assuming you read that post. So yeah, technology hates me. AFTER ALL I'VE DONE FOR IT! ALL I'VE EVER DONE IS LOVE YOU!

I'm going to eat ice cream and watch The Notebook while i cry

1 comment:

  1. Awwww :( but honey, when you get your Nexus back it will work perfectly again and will never leave you.Nexus was sick man, he had to go and get better for you but he'll be back loving you in the only way a Nexus can :D He will be right by your side as you guzzle ice cream and watch the notebook :)

    ReplyDelete