Sunday 1 January 2012

Desura and The Humble Indie bundle

Now you may know how much i support open source and indie programs and such. So let me tell you about something else i use. There's a gaming platform (like Steam) for Linux (and Winblows). It's free to download of course, and you are able to download some free and buyable games (is buyable a word?). There are quite a few games available for it, some of which i have (mainly free ones of course). My desura profile is micolps3.

Also, you may have also heard of a set of indie games called the Humble Indie Bundle. It's a set of multi platform games where you get to choose how much you pay for them. You can pay anything from 5c to probably infinity. The average is about $5.30 if I remember right. I paid about $7.50. There's some really brilliant and weird games included. I'd tell you, but I want you to find out for yourself.

I believe the website for that is Humble Indie Bundle.

On a not very related side note, I did a cool thing with my android phone. I changed the pixels per inch of the screen and increased the resolution of it, so I can fit more on. I could make it a lot more detailed, but at higher resolutions, the status bar goes dodgy. But it's at a nice decent resolution now. Naturally your phone would need to be rooted for that.

So that's enough nonsense for today. Oh, and happy new year. Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment