Wednesday 16 November 2016

Some more changes

As usual, it's been a while since I did a blog post. I know I keep saying I'll do them more often, but stuff happens.

So, the work subject. After the short trial thing I had at McDonald's, they let me go. So I'm currently unemployed. Again. So I started handing out CVs.

I gave one in to a cinema down the road, and left. And the security guard dude came running out after us (Tracey was with me) and asked if I considered a job in security. I did once, but I didn't get the job for reasons I'll explain in a minute. I told him I applied for a security job before but didn't get it. He then told me I could do a security course and if I passed, he could get me a job in security, and gave me some details about it.

So I did the security course. It took up a few days over a couple of weeks and cost me €250. I passed. I actually got a much higher mark than I thought I'd get. Anyway, long story short, I'm now a qualified, soon to be licensed security guard. Minimum pay for it is €10.75 an hour. McDonald's was €9.20. I didn't know that the security guards at McDonald's were making more than us, more than the managers I think.

I already have 2 jobs lined up. One is fairly close in Swords, the other is across the city in a place I can't remember the name of. Well them are the places I'd be trained in anyway, they'd put me in a store or something in a different place.

So yeah, that's good. I just have to wait to get my license to work for the close place, but the across-the-city one got in contact with the governing body of security, the PSA and asked them to make an exception for me, with a letter that lets me work for 90 days without a physical license, but only with that company. But my license shouldn't be too long anyway. I'm hoping to work with the close one of course.

That's enough work talk for now. I've got a new phone. Well, newish. I've had it for a few weeks and it's been around since last year, but you know what I mean. It was really cheap as well, because it's actually a Chinese phone. It's called a Timmy M9. It has good performance for it's price. It was €45 I think, and has 1GB of RAM, a 1.3GHZ quad core processor and an 8 megapixel, 1080p camera. Not bad for €45! It's a surprisingly good phone. It even comes pre-rooted, so that's saved me the job.
Of course a new phone is going to be one of the first things I buy when I'm working, after a computer, a phone for Tracey, a PS3 for Tracey and a PS4 for me. And I'm sure I'll be getting baby Daniel lots of toys and stuff. The spoilt git.

Anyway that's enough for now. I'm trying to get the baby to sleep. Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment