Wednesday 21 December 2011

Christmas

It's that time of year again. The time of year where everyone is willing to pay loads of money on presents for (usually ungrateful) people, gets themselves in debt for 10 months, then has to do it all over again for next Christmas.

Now, i don't like Christmas. I'll tell you why. As my best friend Andrea, and my girlfriend Tracey, and probably a few other people know, i don't like people buying me things. I like to get things myself. However, I do like to buy people things occasionally. Although i don't like it forced on me every year like Christmas does.

Also, Christmas is for Christians. Which I'm not. I'm atheist. I don't believe in any god or "superior", omnipotent being, or Jesus. I believe in science. Hard evidence. The only time Christmas isn't for Christians is when its for kids. Christians and kids (and i suppose parents) are the only people who should celebrate the birth of Jesus. I'm not going to celebrate something i don't believe in. That's why i also don't believe in converting to different religions. You aren't going to start believing in a god you've never believed in before. If you believe in that god, you would have already been that religion. Am i right? HIGH FIVE! Don't leave me hangin', brah.

Christmas is just an ordinary day for me. If i get any presents (which i hope i don't), i open them, then get back to what i do any other day, go on the computer or PS3 or whatever. The things I normally do. Christmas is nothing to me except a pain in the cornhole.

That's without mentioning disruption to public transport. Where i work, we're open every day except Christmas day. And i get to work by bus, which on Boxing day (26th December for those that don't know) is at a reduced service, which can make it hard to get to work. should be easier now though, since our opening times have been reduced.

Anyway, think what you want about me. I don't like Christmas. It just brings trouble and makes life harder.

Or maybe I'm just a grinch.

No comments:

Post a Comment